Great garden Detective Overview
The Great Garden Detective Adventure utilizes a mystery and detective theme to engage students in discovering how fruits and vegetables grow, how to prepare them, and the tasty results.The Students will:
- Plant a class garden and care for it.
- Grow, harvest, prepare, and taste fruits and vegetables.
- Develop a class cookbook.
- Conduct research to learn about a fruit or vegetable.
- Track their fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Create Public Service Announcements (PSAs) about fruits and vegetables
- Share what they learn with the rest of the school and their families
The curriculum culminates with a grand Sleuths’ Mystery Dinner where the entire school is invited to share in the bounty of the garden and the garden detectives share what they have learned about gardening and their fruits and vegetables.