Polo Community High School in 1947. In 1957, it would become Polo Junior High. In the early 1990s, it was renamed Aplington Middle School. Notice the flag staff on top of the building. Flag duty must have been an interesting assignment!
Polo's first high school is pictured above. Built in 1895, the building served Polo as the high school until 1927. The building then became known as Congress Grade School until it closed in the mid-1980s. The building still stands, although it could use some repair. Even in its weathered condition, it remains a vivid reminder of many former students' school days.